Welcome to the College of Health and Public Affairs! We are a college committed to our mission of “Strengthening Communities. Changing Lives.” through the development of community partnerships that provide extraordinary experiences for students and unique research opportunities for faculty members.
As you explore our website you will find:
- Seven exciting departments and schools that allow you to receive an excellent education while making a difference in your community
- An extraordinary Doctoral Program in Public Affairs that uses an interdisciplinary lens to redefine social problems and find exciting solutions leading to their resolution
- Six of UCF’s nationally ranked graduate programs and a faculty committed to pursuing community-based research that truly makes a difference in people’s lives
- The nation’s largest Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, whose Communication Disorders Clinic annually serves 2,000 children and adults with speech, language and hearing problems and whose Aphasia House is a national model for helping stroke survivors regain their speech
- A School of Social Work that is actively involved in preparing students to work in child welfare and with military families
- A Department of Legal Studies that is home to the nationally recognized Mock Trial Team at UCF
- A Department of Health Professions that has developed a pre-clinical (allied-health) major to prepare students for a variety of health-related graduate professional programs
- A School of Public Administration that offers a broad education in the discipline as well as academic programs, including dual degree programs, in related multiple areas of specialization within public administration
- A Department of Health Management and Informatics, the largest in the nation, that offers a fully online master’s degree program in health care informatics
- A Department of Criminal Justice that offers a doctoral program and a number of exciting certificate opportunities for its students, providing them with specialized skills valued in today’s competitive labor market
If you are intrigued about our academic programs, please contact our undergraduate or graduate services offices to learn more. And if you are inspired by our commitment to community change, I encourage you to contact our administrators or faculty members to discuss how your goals and our mission can form a mutually beneficial partnership.