The online Master of Social Work at UCF is a convenient solution for those looking to earn their degrees through distance education. We offer 7-week terms in which students focus on only one asynchronous course at a time. Field placements are available across the United States within a 45-mile radius of your location.
There are two available options for enrolling in the Online MSW:
Online MSW Part-Time Track
- Created for students who do not have a BSW degree or who earned their BSW more than six years prior to initial enrollment.
- 62-credit hours completed in a 3-year cohort model for stronger peer support
Online MSW Part-Time Advanced Standing Track
- Designed for students who have earned a BSW from a CSWE-accredited program within the last six years with a GPA of 3.3 in their last 60 credit hours.
- Admits only one time a year in the fall semester
- 32-credit hours completed over four semesters in a cohort model
Students are not permitted to switch between the online MSW tracks and the on-campus, face-to-face tracks due to the strict cohort model the Online MSW follows.
Tuition and Fees
The online MSW is a Market Rate Tuition program. As such, we are unable to accept any tuition waivers and do not allow our students to enroll simultaneously in any other graduate or certificate programs through UCF.
Tuition and fee information can be found at UCF Online.
Tuition waivers are not accepted for the Online MSW.
May 1, 2018
October 1, 2018
March 1, 2019
May 1, 2018