• 51 credit hours
• Earn two degrees in less time
• Receive two diplomas
• Degrees can be completed online
The dual degree program requires 51 credit hours for completion. This includes all of the core courses of the MPA degree and all of the core courses of the M.S.CJ degree. The credit hour breakdown is as follows:
• 33 credit hours of core courses
• 6 credit hours of research methods/statistics core courses
• 6 credit hours of electives
• 6 credit hours of capstone courses
Admissions and Advising
Applicants should apply directly to the dual-degree track of either the MPA or the M.S.CJ programs. Only one application is required. Applications are accepted in the fall and spring semesters.
Prospective students seeking enrollment in the dual degree program should submit the following for consideration:
- An official, sealed transcript of each college or university attended, showing a GPA of 2.5 or better
- Three letters of recommendation
- A current resume
- A goal statement, no longer than two pages, addressing the following:
- What is your reason for pursuing this degree program and how does it fit into your future goals and plans?
- What specific areas of public administration interest you?
- What previous work experience do you have in the field?
- What make you a special candidate for this limited access program?
The deadline to apply for fall admission is June 15 while the deadline to apply for spring admission is Nov. 1 for domestic applicants. For more information on admissions, please contact our graduate advisor, Nasrin Lakhani.