Nonprofit Management Student Association
What is NMSA?
The Nonprofit Management Student Association at the University of Central Florida is a registered student organization whose members participate in fundraising and volunteer activities while developing careers as nonprofit professionals. NMSA is a networking and social volunteering organization with opportunities for professional development in the nonprofit and fundraising field. Students in NMSA who are also completing the Nonprofit Management Minor or Nonprofit Management Masters or Certification are also eligible to pursue National Certification with the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance.
Why Join NMSA?
NMSA is for students who want more than a career to make a living. It is for students who:
- want to be part of the solution, while enhancing their own leadership skills
- want to make a difference in the lives of people at home and around the world, while learning how to overcome difficult social challenges
- want to develop memories that will last a lifetime, while developing an understanding of the unique structure of the nonprofit secto
How Do I Learn More?
Association of Fundraising Professionals
What is AFP?
For 50 years, the Association of Fundraising Professionals has been the standard-bearer for professionalism in fundraising. AFP strives to advance ethical and effective fundraising and support charities around the world that provide critical services to their communities.
Why join the collegiate chapter?
The benefits of membership include the following:
- Monthly meetings on campus with expert speakers from the field of fundraising
- Access to free webinars hosted by the AFP Central Florida Chapter
- Each student will be paired with a mentor from the AFP Central Florida Chapter
- The collegiate chapter will complete a philanthropic project for an organization in the Central Florida area. These projects may include:
- The creation of a resource development guide for a local nonprofit organization enhancing their ability to raise funds
- The practical application of fundraising skills through the planning and execution of a fundraising event
- Collegiate chapter members also have the opportunity to complete and receive a fundraising certificate from AFP International Headquarters (additional requirements must be met)
How do I join?