The school works with many organizations in Central Florida and beyond that need technical assistance with some aspect of their business, be it strategic planning, capacity building or a case study. If you have a project that our students can help with, we encourage you to become a community partner with SPA.
What are the benefits of becoming a community partner?
- It enhances the students’ learning experience.
- It meets the needs of your organization.
- It reinvigorates teaching for faculty by engaging students in social concerns.
- It provides access to the community with an infusion of people power and access to university resources.
- It generates new ideas and energy, both in the community and in your organization.
What can I expect from working with students?
- Students will be expected to complete at least 15 hours of work.
- Students work with the organization with a faculty member providing insight.
- The final product will be of high quality and will be reviewed by at least one faculty member.
How do I become a community partner?
If your organization is interested in working with one of our students on a service learning project, please complete the form below. Please note, we will consider all requests, however, we cannot guarantee that your organization will be selected for a service learning project. For more information, please contact experiential learning coordinator, Mirtha Bailey.