The Minor in Legal Studies is 21 credit hours. These hours are broken down as follows:
- PLA 3014 (required)
- 15 credit hours of any PLA courses
- 3 credit hours of supporting/legal studies related courses
Please consult with the Department of Legal Studies’ academic advisor for assistance in selecting the 15 credit hours of PLA courses and the supporting course.
You can set up an appointment to meet with the advisor by contacting the department’s office at 407-823-1670.
The official requirements for a minor in legal studies are available in the UCF Undergraduate Catalog. The minor is open to all UCF students. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required in all courses used to satisfy the minor and grades less than “C-” (1.75) are not accepted. At least 15 credit hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF within the department. No credit by exam (TSD, Military credit) may be used. Internship or independent study credit cannot be used toward the minor.
Declaring a Minor in Legal Studies
The minor can be declared by following one of three different methods listed below.
- In your myUCF account, select “Student Self Service,” then “Add/Change Major” and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Stop by the Undergraduate Student Service office in HPA II, room 115, and complete the Minor Declaration form.
- Stop by the UCF Registrar’s Office in Millican Hall and complete the Minor Declaration form.
Students are strongly urged to declare a minor using one of these steps as early as possible but no later than the submission of their UCF Intent to Graduate Form, which must be completed the semester before the student intends to graduate.