PRACTICE PROFILE: Marc Anthony Consalo, J.D.

In News
Dr. Marc Consalo

As a lecturer, I am able to relate real-life experiences to my students to engage them in the classroom.”

Name, Title: Marc Anthony Consalo, Lecturer, Experiential Learning and Online Education Coordinator

Area of Legal Expertise: Criminal Law Litigation, Domestic Relations (Family) Law Litigation, Pro Bono Guardian ad Litem Advocacy

Professional Background: I started my law career at the law firm of Zimmerman, Shuffield, Kiser and Sutcliffe in 1999. I did worker’s compensation defense for two years, but I found I didn’t like it. As such, I went to the State Attorney’s Office for the Ninth Judicial Circuit. Initially, I was assigned to the Juvenile Division, but soon made my way to the Major Felonies Unit and finally the Sex Crimes Unit. While with the state, I prosecuted such crimes as drug offenses, robberies, rapes and homicides. I left that office in 2003. Soon after, I opened my own law firm with a friend and fellow attorney by the name of Anton Nace. When we first opened our doors, we did only criminal defense cases. However, soon I began practicing family law litigation and eventually guardian ad litem work. In 2009, my firm merged with the Law Office of Michael D. Dicembre. At that time, we became known as Dicembre, Nace and Consalo, P.A. In 2011, I decided to join my wife who is also an attorney, Karen Z. Consalo. Together, we are known as the Consalo Law Firm and are still open today.

Relevance to UCF and Central Florida: I think it is really cool that, as a lecturer, I am able to relate real-life experiences to my students to engage them in the classroom. Real stories from my years of practice capture my students’ attention and show them how what they are learning has real-life application. Additionally, one of the programs we are enhancing here in the Department of Legal Studies is our internship program. As head of this initiative, I rely heavily on the connections I have made over my past 15 years of practice. By combining the relationships I have made with the Central Florida legal community and the opportunities our program offers our students, I assist UCF in making a real impact on our community.

Start typing and press Enter to search