Faculty members in the Department of Health Professions have a wide range of research expertise in the areas of clinical sciences, health sciences, physical therapy and athletic training. They frequently secure research funding from both government and professional organizations.
- role strain of graduate and post-graduate athletic training students
- scapular dyskinesis in overhead athletes
- changes in lower extremity biomechanics following chronic ankle sprains
- perceptions of barriers in the implementation of evidence based practice among athletic training clinical instructors
- best methods for transitioning young athletic training professionals into a clinical practice environment - both from the professional education side and the employer side
UCF and Orlando Health Neurologic Residency
PI: Morris Beato, DPT
Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy, Inc.
A Pilot Application of the Adolescent Males Social Indicators Scales (AMSIS)
PI: Michael Rovito, Ph.D.
UCF Office of Research and Commercialization (In-House Grant)
Impact of the Timing and Sequencing of Physical Therapy on the Overall Healthcare Costs in New York State
Co-PI: William Hanney, D.P.T., Ph.D. (with PI Xinliang “Albert” Liu and Co-PIs Michael Masaracchio [Long Island University] and Latarsha Chisholm)
New York Physical Therapy Association
A Study of Physical Therapist-Provided Medicare Services
Co-PIs: Michael Rovito, Ph.D., and William Hanney, Ph.D. (with PI: Xinliang “Albert” Liu and Co-PI Reid Oetjen)
Center for Innovative Healthcare, Inc.