Thomas Bryer, Ph.D., M.P.A., B.A.
Professor, Fulbright Core Scholar and Visiting Professor, Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania), Visiting Professor, Institute for Public Policy and Professional Practice, Edge Hill University (United Kingdom)
Public Administration, Doctoral Program in Public Affairs
Dr. Bryer is highly published and conducts extensive research in the areas of public participation and collaboration across segments of society, including government, nonprofit, private, faith-based, and voluntary sectors. He has won multiple awards for his research, teaching, and service. In 2015, he was granted a Fulbright Core Scholar award to conduct research in Lithuania from 2015-2017. He is the author or editor of three books: Higher Education beyond Job Creation: Universities, Citizenship, and Community, National Service and Volunteerism: Achieving Impact in Our Communities, and Social Media for Government: Theory and Practice.
- scholarship of teaching and learning
- citizen engagement
- collaborative governance
PAD 6142: Nonprofit Organizations
PAD 7026: Advanced Seminar in Public Administration
PAD 6825: Cross-Sector Governance
PAD 6836: Comparative Public Administration
- European Commission to Fund New International Exchange Program with UCF
- Bryer, Kong and Wan Inducted into UCF’s Scroll & Quill Society
- College Hosts Official from Tyumen State University in Russia
- Can Governments and Nonprofits Embrace New Social Media Trends?
- Day of Service Commemorates Dr. King, His Vision for Stronger Society
- Romanian Officials Seek Fresh Insights Into Public Management
- UCF Helps Celebrate ‘Walk to School Day’
- “Walking School Bus” Makes Trips to School Safer, Healthier
- Meet Thomas Bryer: Teaching Students About Their Role in Democracy
- UCF VISTA Project Enhances Seminole County’s Ability to Serve Homeless Students