The Online Criminal Justice option is only for students who have completed an Associate of Arts degree from a Florida Community College or State College, or have met all UCF General Education Program requirements (GEP), including the Foreign Language Admission requirement.
In order to complete your Criminal Justice degree online, you must have the following completed:
- General Education Requirements
- 1 year college level foreign language (Bachelor of Arts students)
- 2 year high school foreign language (Bachelor of Science students)
Important Things To Do Prior to Applying to the Program
- Complete your Associates of Arts degree. You need to complete your AA, even if you are planning to complete a Bachelor’s of Science in Criminal Justice at UCF. An AS degree is not the equivalent of an AA degree.
- Complete your high school level or college level foreign language requirement prior to arriving at UCF.
- After being accepted at UCF, students are required to successfully complete the UCF, COHPA and Criminal Justice online orientations. Students may not enroll in classes until this has been accomplished.
- The earlier you make application, the better your selection of Criminal Justice courses for your first term.
- Only 12 hours of equivalent Criminal Justice course work can be transferred from another accredited institution. It is the responsibility of the student to provide all requested documentation (course descriptions, syllabi, etc., to respond to questions related to equivalencies.
- Register for courses with a “W” in the section number to ensure you are enrolling in fully online courses at UCF.
- All students are required to take core courses in the areas of crime, prosecution, corrections, police, research, and data analysis. Students will also take additional hours of upper-division course work from various criminal justice restricted electives and supporting electives outside the criminal justice program.
(See program of study: www.cohpa.ucf.edu/criminaljustice/bachelors/)
For additional information contact:
Criminal Justice Department
College of Health and Public Affairs
email@example.com (Please type the term “Online Student” in the subject line)